Inktober days 7 through 9!
I dedicated these three days to Hunter x hunter.
Inktober days 7 through 9!
Inktober days 4 through 6.
You can see me slowly getting more and more carried away with these OTL
Btw the sheep page was in honor of the holiday. Eid Mubarak everyone! :)
Happy inktober everyone! Here’s days 1 to 3 from my instagram :)
Hey guys I’ll probs come back to that giveaway i promised soon but for now here have some life draws from class.
More Hunter x Hunter sticker progress yay!
Keep your eyes peeled for the giveaway. It’ll be any day now.
Currently in the process of making some Hunter x Hunter stickers! Gotta give the side characters some love. Especially when the side characters ARE FREAKIN AMAZING.
HxH fans should keep their eyes on the blog for the next couple days because I’m planning a Hunter themed giveaway of stickers, buttons, and keychains from my storenvy. Maybe including some limited edition stickers that will only be available until next month. So if you’re interested, stay tuned!
More characters to come!
let me just start by saying that this ask made me NERVOUS AS HELL.
I’M NOT ACTUALLY THAT GOOD AT THIS??
But I care about it a lot and I’ve done quite a bit of research so I’ll try to share what I’ve learned as best as I can!!
um um um crap where do I start
dammit if this is one of my friends I am gonna hurt you for asking me this question later.
Ok wait I just remembered I have a page of notes from researching it last semester. Oh thank god I don’t have to think haha ;;;
Alright here we go!
CHARACTER DESIGN TIPS:
Character design is all about creating a physical appearance that clearly depicts the character’s personality. So you have to have a good understanding of who your character is.
1) Make a list of character traits: physical traits, personality traits, etc.
2) Make a list of OPPOSITE traits: Incorporating an opposite or unusual trait into the design makes it stick out! Example: If a character is supposed to be really strong, make him small instead of really big. Thinking of other ways to make him appear strong will help move the design in another direction.
3) SILHOUETTE: You should be able to recognize a character IMMEDIATELY through their silhouette. Seriously just black out some like disney characters or something and you can tell who they are just by the shape. Their personality should come through too.
4) Start with a basic shape: circle, square, triangle, light bulb, pizza, your mom, you get the point. But as you work your way from their be sure to add a variety of shapes within the design for appeal.
5) Gather reference and practice: If you’re designing a character that’s an animal for example, get REALLY familiar with that animal! Research that animal, its behavior, its likes, its dislikes. Draw it a WHOLE LOT and understand its anatomy and stuff. Think about what visual cues are the most necessary for this type of character and try to see how much you can simplify it while still having it read correctly.
6) Surprise Element: Add something UNEXPECTED to the design. A great example is Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. Even though he is a dragon, a lot of feline characteristics were incorporated in his design.
7) Gravitational Center: This is the area that seems to lead all of the character’s actions. Example: Buzz Lightyear’s chest. The gravitational center effects the character’s unique posture and walk. A change in their GC can even be used to show character change or development.
thats it. thank god for those notes. I’m sure they’ll be helpful because its all stuff I got from somewhere else and not me just guessing this time haha. I think most if not all of this info is from this podcast http://chrisoatley.com/pw-9-five-tips-to-make-your-character-designs-more-dynamic-believable/
Ok yay I got through that Idk why that made me so nervous ;;
But it was also a great refresher for me! So thanks for asking!
I hope I helped and good luck designing!!
Hello friends! After years of nagging I have finally set up shop online.
So please check out my new STORENVY!
It’s mostly leftovers from animeNEXT so there’s only small handfuls of each item available right now. If all goes well I should be able to restock in the near future.
If you’re not as broke as I am then please stop by! Hell stop by even if you are. I ain’t telling you how to live your life.